#createwithSCS

Ever since I won a SCS Baker's kit from participating in one of SCS's facebook contest, I've been on a baking frenzy. More so especially when I have the free time to do so now.

When I first opened the Baker's kit, I couldn't stop my scream of excitement. It has E V E R Y T H I N G a beginner baker can ask for. There's a timer, apron, spatula, measuring cups, measuring spoons, baking tray, whisk, and this is the best part - silicon baking tray and cupcake cups. In a really lovely shade of royal blue no less. Freaking Silicon material okay! Silicon baking trays are the rave now and I can't believe SCS's generosity. The cost of this kit is definitely expensive man!

Some of the bakes/dishes that I have done:

So here are some of the items in the baker's kit. The first time I broke into the kit was to bake my "The Best Brownie" for my event friends.

I use SCS butter for most of my bakes because SCS has a stronger and creamier taste. Love it when my whole kitchen smells of my bakes. SCS brings out the fragrance of them! I used Cadbury's 70% cocoa Old Gold Chocolate for the brownies and they were really good. I love this particular series of dark chocolate. Once I used the peppermint flavor one and it tasted just as good! :)

 Recipe can be found here

Lemon Blueberry Yoghurt Loaf w/ Lemon Syrup

Attempted to make Cinnamon pullover bread with bread slices instead of from scratch but it just doesn't taste as good. Shall attempt it from scratch the next time~





Broccoli Potato Croquette

Saw this on TV the other day and thought its pretty simple to make. It turns out to be a success as I managed to get the fire right and the croquette were fried perfectly. Not bad for my first time making this really. 

Recipe
1 Medium size Broccoli floret
2 Russet Potatoes
1 tbsp SCS Salted Butter
1 Carrot
Flour
Breadcrumbs
1 Egg
Salt & Pepper to taste

Blanch Broccoli for 5 mins before soaking it in cold water, drain off excess water. Boil potatoes and coaarot for 10-15 minutes or till they are soft. Mash potatoes, dice the carrot and chop the broccoli into tiny pieces. Combine all 3 together with the salted butter and add some salt and pepper to taste. Shape the mixtures into balls. It depends on the size of the croquette balls you intend to make, this amount yield 9 medium size croquettes for me.

Heat up the oil till it is very hot. Coat the croquette with flour first, then the beaten egg, and then the breadcrumbs. Repeat the same 3 steps for the remaining croquettes. Once the oil is boiling hot, lower the fire and you can fry the croquette till it is golden brown.

It is really simple! Try it out if you have the time :)




xx
fee

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

ABOUT ME

“You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.”
― Mae West


FIONA TAN
Singapore

Wanderluster. Thrill seeker.
Vintage Hunter. Dreamer
Hello there! My name is Fiona.
Welcome to Summermuseee, a blog that is really about nothing and everything; random snippets of my life, my DIY crafts and baking adventures and my journey to loving myself and appreciate the little finer things in life.


INSTAGRAM



Follow me on Instagram @Summermuse

AD