2 0 1 4

I know I am nine days late for this, but..

H E L L O, T W E N T Y F O U R T E E N!!

I cannot emphasize how fast a year just flew past like that. Especially for 2013! Everything seemed like a blur, seems like just a month ago that I started my second semester in university and that  I celebrated my 21st birthday maybe just awhile ago? But nah, I'm gonna be 23 this year (gosh, 2 more years to a quarter of a century) and honestly I'm still in disbelieve that I've already graduated from RMIT and already on my next milestone, which is officially be a working adult. I'm still on a hunt for a job thou; been procrastinating a bit with the whole "It's the end of the year, no one is hiring!" excuse in December. No more excuses for me already now that it's a fresh new year!

Sometimes when I look at people that's around my age; especially bloggers, doing so many things at one go, like studying while managing their own sideline business, I'll wonder what the heck am I doing. I do wish I have their entrepreneur skills, which is why one of my resolutions for 2014 (that I've written in my diary as a constant reminder), is to pick up a new skill and also brush up the ones that I currently have, to be bold, and do something greater than just being just a one-task person. 2014 will be a great stepping stone for me, I can feel it. I want to do so much more, to fulfil much more than what I have achieved in 2013, which is really nothing much actually haha.

I will not be writing what I am thankful for in 2013 as I've already done that in one of my recent post on Thanksgiving. All in all, 2013's been an okay year for me. I want 2014 to be way awesome and better!






Celebrated New Year's Eve with Shermaine this year. This is my first time celebrating with her and boy was it fun. Sherms had work before that so I went over to find her before making our way to Holland Village. The initial idea was to go Clarke Quay but the taxi uncle was dissuading us from going because there's a traffic jam. We reached Holland Village just in time for the countdown. There were several bars and restaurants along the stretch and one particular Mexican restaurant actually had a DJ spinning, so everyone was on the street dancing and drinking. The whole atmosphere was sooo lively! We drank, we danced, we counted down to the new year with confetti everywhere :*)
Love it
 



Part Deux of the social night I mentioned the other day. It was definitely an eye opener. I always thought social night was a sitting affair? Turns out for this particular one I attended, it was a standing affair. I guess they took into consideration that if its a seated affair, the only people that you'll end up mingling with will be those sitting at the same table. So we actually had a better opportunity to mingle with everybody. The food served was pretty mediocre thou. They were only serving canapés and by the end of the night, we were so hungry we went for Seng Kee fishball noodles without changing. The looks we got haha

Dominic was superrrrr late in picking me up so the event was already up and going by the time we arrived. He was pretty frazzled by it la cos he's not the type to be late, plus he had to carry his guitar for some performance, and because he was frazzled hahaha that idiot kept leaving me to do his things. He left me standing there awkwardly for a couple of times and I had to save myself by approaching some of his section mates' dates. Luckily I'm able to save myself from such awkward situations. Every platoon had to go on stage and do a performance and dom's platoon was amazing man. They were the only one that's entertaining and we all had a great laugh at their performance.

As a friend I'm really proud of Dom for this is his very first milestone as an officer. Many more achievements to unlock and many more social nights to go hahaha. I hope the girl he wanted to ask initially will be able to attend next time la


xx



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

ABOUT ME

“You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.”
― Mae West


FIONA TAN
Singapore

Wanderluster. Thrill seeker.
Vintage Hunter. Dreamer
Hello there! My name is Fiona.
Welcome to Summermuseee, a blog that is really about nothing and everything; random snippets of my life, my DIY crafts and baking adventures and my journey to loving myself and appreciate the little finer things in life.


INSTAGRAM



Follow me on Instagram @Summermuse

AD