新年快乐!

Yikes, I completely went on a hiatus for the past few weeks.

It was the Lunar Chinese New Year last weekend, and I spent the entire time eating, eating and eating!!
And gambling as well. I only gamble during CNY so I try to make it count by gambling as much as I can. Hahaha but with moderation of course.

It's said that those born in the year of Goat will be really lucky this year (in terms of wealth and love, and I hope career as well) and so far so good.

My luck's pretty good this year. Yesterday was Day 5 into the Lunar Calendar and according to my mum, it's good to deposit some cash into your bank account that day as it supposedly will help improve your wealth. I managed to deposit my "base gambling money" in my account, as I won quite abit over the past few days :)

Here's some visuals of my CNY:

Day One










Outfit Of The Day
Dress: FYN
Heels: $30, City Plaza
Bag: Kate Spade
Fan:  $3, Chinatown

Chinese New Year is honestly a little boring for me cos most of the houses that I used to visit are all not open for visitations this year. Most of them went overseas, so for Day One, as a family we only had a temple and two houses to visit. Not wanting the day to go to waste, I bought movie tickets to The Lion Men for us all at Westmall (I had a visitation around the area that night). 

The movie is okay for a local production. Sure, the blatant product placement and the CGIs is a littleeee unnecessary, but the amount of effort they put into filming this movie is pretty commendable. It's not easy to do Lion Dancing without any experience, even if they do have stuntmen for that, they still need to be hooked up on wire (is that the right word for it?) and its is definitely harder than it looks. 

So good effort, really! But the one thing I wanna lament is must they seriously split it into two movies?!Gotta give it to them for thinking of ways to tok more money from us. Tsk

Day Two







This cute thing is Mr Kopi. And his surname is Lim. Hahahaha. Props to my cousin for coming up with such an interesting name for him! Kopi even know how to do "Gong Xi Gong Xi" to us. Adorable!


Outfit Of The Day
Romper: Spiral Girl
Heels: $30, City Plaza
Bag: Kate Spade

My shopping life revolves around City Plaza, seriously. Haha. Apart from the occassional H&M and Topshop, most of my shopping is done at CP. NOT that I'm complaining. 

Affordable and pretty apparels, what's not to like? 

Day Three











Steamboat Potluck over at FYN's for lunch and had guests visiting my house at night. What a night! Invited a wee bit too many people. Totally overestimated the size of my room haha but luckily everyone managed to squeeze in. 

One uncle was a little drunk that night and keep insisting on being the Banker for Blackjack and we of course didn't had the heart to stop him. My wallet thank him very, very much :)


Couldn't stop gushing how pretty this year's CNY decorations are. They are all DIY-ed except for the red horse cutout chun lain that I got from Chinatown. 

I spent $11 on this particular wall and a total of less than $20 for the entire house deco. I didn't manage to take pictures of the other decorations and I didn't take any step-by-step pictures but they are all relatively easy to make! Just google paper pom poms and paper fan backdrop and you'll find tons of step by step tutorials. 

The pom poms and the paper fans were all from Daiso. The paper fans were made out of floral wrapping papers!

Wonder if I'll be able to top this year's deco for the next CNY. Hmmm..



xx


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

ABOUT ME

“You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.”
― Mae West


FIONA TAN
Singapore

Wanderluster. Thrill seeker.
Vintage Hunter. Dreamer
Hello there! My name is Fiona.
Welcome to Summermuseee, a blog that is really about nothing and everything; random snippets of my life, my DIY crafts and baking adventures and my journey to loving myself and appreciate the little finer things in life.


INSTAGRAM



Follow me on Instagram @Summermuse

AD