SPRG爱台湾


Finally got around to blogging about my company's retreat to Taiwan in September. 

Here's the bulk of the visuals I'd captured with my camera! (: 

My company willl always plan a retreat yearly. Last year they went to Hong Kong. This year, it was either a fully paid trip to Batam, or a tiered payment trip to Taiwan. 
Everyone voted to go to Taiwan, of course. 

We all had different preferences when it comes to picking the air flight, so our boss gave us a budget of $400 each to purchase our flight ticket, and we just have to top up whatever outstanding amount. There was a scoot promotion at that time (lucky us) and a bunch of us decided to go with the scoot promo, even though it was a red eye flight. We're the younger ones luh hahaha, that's why we're cool with taking the red eye flight. 

In all, we had #teamscoot, #teamjetstar and #teamcathay as well as #teamSIA. 


DAY ONE

We stayed at CityInn Hotel, the Taipei Main Station III outlet. I like the modern outlook of the hotel, and their interior is so quirky! They are very thoughtful as well. They have a pantry area, where there's coffee/tea, cold beverages like iced milk tea and lemon tea. They even have condiments for you to pair your coffee with. By condiments I mean hazelnut syrup, caramel syrup, etc. Apart from the pantry area, they've got a laundromat corner too, and it's free! They even provide sanitary pads and panty liner in the common toilet. For a budget hotel, I'd say they offer pretty good service. 

Address: CityInn Hotel Taipei Station Branch III
No.77, Chang’an W. Rd., Datong Dist., Taipei City 103, Taiwan (R.O.C.)







#teamscoot arrived at about 6am, so we decided to drop our luggages at the hotel, and grab some breakfast. 




This was by far the wierdest drink I've ever tried. Ever. It was some salted soy bean milk with fried dough stick and ack, it just tasted soooo weird. 
This probably require someone with an acquired taste to appreciate it. 





Ah zhong Mian xian! 









We went to Shilin Night Market that same day. This is one night market that I've been looking forward to go, cos I've seen photos of this particular potato cheese snack and I've been dyingggg to try it! 


















DAY TWO

Day two, we went back to the same place for breakfast. As we all have different plans, some wants to do yoga, some wants to sleep in more, some just want to explore as many places as possible.. we decided to split up, and regroup for dinner, meeting with the SPRG Taiwan office, etc. 

We were supposed to gather and head to SPRG Taiwan'S office at about 3pm, so a group of us decided to go explore Dan Shui, 淡水, before that.


















After visiting the Taiwan SPRG's office, we had- in my opinion, the best steamboat I've ever tried. 
The Best. Really! Initially when my colleague showed us the online review, we were a little skeptical. But oh man, this is definitely one steamboat place I'd recommend for people to at least try once when they're in Taiwan. It is pricier, granted, but this is quality steamboat we're talking about. 





Ok, notice that the Yuan Yang hotpot, the "clear soup" base is creamy? The soup actually has Meiji ice cream in it, together with other herbal ingredients! The mala broth, oh man, you know how some mala soup base you just can't drink it? This mala soup broth was sooo good, it's tasted like some tom yum mala broth.

The food you pay for here is worth every bucks. The meat are fresh and marbled, the side dishes were all very very interesting, they have a wide range of balls like meat balls, veggie balls, etc. It was certainly intriguing.

The one dish that I'd definitely recommend to order, is the you tiao (dough fritter). 
Dip the you tiao into the mala broth. 
O M G
party in the mouth!

Address:
Elixir Health Pot 無老鍋 (Wu Lao Guo)
Address:  No. 143, Section 3, Shìmín Blv, Jhongshan Distract.d 台北市市民大道三段143號

DAY THREE

A bunch of us decided to visit Jiu Fen and Shi Fen on day three.
I'd like to label us as the...active bunch HAHAHA
We slept late the nigh before, and woke up early the next day to play again. 
I'm not the sort that "chill" while overseas. I'm the type that likes to explore and walk as much as I can, visiting as many tourist attractions as possible.


































Thou it was only four short days, this retreat was a breathe of fresh air, especially with what was coming up. All the events, runs, yada yada, everything was just so hectic after everyone's back!
It helped me get to know some of my colleagues better, and some of us have become closer, which I am very thankful for. 

Below is a video taken and edited by my colleague, Sammy.
She didn't join us for Jiu Fen, so the video depicts her adventures. 

I can't wait for our next retreat. Hong Kong next year!!
It's HK SPRG 20th anniversary next year and our own 10th anniversary. 
For a person that's not been to Hong Kong, I'm certainly excited. Heh :)

Till the next retreat~




xx
f

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

ABOUT ME

“You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.”
― Mae West


FIONA TAN
Singapore

Wanderluster. Thrill seeker.
Vintage Hunter. Dreamer
Hello there! My name is Fiona.
Welcome to Summermuseee, a blog that is really about nothing and everything; random snippets of my life, my DIY crafts and baking adventures and my journey to loving myself and appreciate the little finer things in life.


INSTAGRAM



Follow me on Instagram @Summermuse

AD