二十三 1.0

Yes, It's that time of the year again! 

August is, without a doubt, my favourite month of the year. 
My loved ones would know that. It's like, I can be as bat-shit ugly as I can be for all the other months, BUT just not August. Hahaha. Not too sure if my colleagues actually noticed it, but this is reflected in the way I dress up for work recently. Honestly, its bad lah. By right, I should be dressed up for work all the time. 
This is still a work in progress for me, heh!

Soooo anyway...
Here's a low-down of what happened during my birthday week.
The whole week is pretty bittersweet actually, on one hand, I had awesome celebrations, tons of feasting and cakes, but on the other hand, I had S I X people (whom are all very dear to me) that left the company on the 15th. 

Yes, what a birthday 'gift' to me, really.

MONDAY
Chews and I went to Gyoza King on Monday cos that girl was leaving for Toyko on Thursday, how fun! My colleagues have been gushing about Gyoza King and even went there for lunch a couple of times, but I never had the chance to go with them, and boy, I truly get the whole hype of this place. 

To sum this place up, eating here is value for money.

It cost approximatly $15 after GST and service charge. For that price, you get five dumplings, two side dishes, rice and miso soup. On top of that, they have free flow of beansprouts and pickled veggies for you to munch on. The side dishes are no small portions btw. They are pretty generous with their servings and they range from Stir-fried eggs, Fried chicken to Fried tofu with minced pork. 

We were soooooo full by the end of the meal! 



Thanks bebe, for the lovely meal, awesome HTHT and the thoughtful gifts.<3

TUESDAY
Started the day right having awesome Ya Kun breakfast with Sam and Gladys (: 
And then lunch with my sistar Wayne, who brought me to eat phoooooo, which was awesome! 
Brought him to our office dubbed "Happy Place" Truff, which serves a mean chocolate cake and hot chocolate. 







WEDNESDAY
Had one of the best meal ever with my parents on the eve of my birthday. I've been craving for a good steak for the longest time and I finally had it! (: My parents brought me to Lawry's and my, they do serve a mean steak! And they have a pretty good birthday package too! I'll share more about my wonderful experience at Lawry's in another post. 






THURSDAY
The best feeling to wake up to, is a birthday cake baked by my mumma.<3
And of course the well wishes and phone calls I received from my friends. I've always been someone who prefers the traditional way of birthday greetings, so I really appreciate those who gave me a call or text. NOT that I'm not thankful of those who wished me online, okaaaay. I just feel extra happy when I get calls from my friends (:

Donned my favourite buy of the month (for the second time haha) for Fiona day. Yes, I dubbed every 14 August as Fiona Day, cos well, I can. hahaha

I felt pretty loved at the office that day too! Haha. The girls, all five lovely interns, wrote me sucha sweet birthday card and bought matcha chocolate from Royce for me. Gladys got me a lovely necklace and Shah, my big brother bear, got me this amazing Ferris wheel pop-up card and a Bollywood coaster to remind me of him all the time. Not to mention, my colleagues bought me a chocolate cake (!!) and sprung me a surprise while I'm in the middle of an internal WIP meeting.

Met my Rockerchicks for dinner after that. It was supposed to be just me and Rocky (the other girls that came were meant to be a surprise), but my dear sweet Mellybelly totally gave the surprise away the day before when she's on the phone with me. Hahaha. the girls can never surprise me la. I've given too many birthday surprised that I'm immune to it. :D

It was a sweet gesture nevertheless, and I felt really, really blessed to be able to celebrate my birthday with them. I'm not one with big words, but I am truly happy. (:











FRIDAY
This is where the bittersweet feeling started kicking in. Friday, 15 August, was the day where all five of our interns; whom I have grown really close to because of our similar age range, left. On the same day, was also Shah's last day. EVERYONE left on the 15th. Meh! Shah came in to the office the same time as me, and has been really very encouraging, always checking in with me, asking how am I coping, so it came as a shock when he told me he was planning to leave the company. :( 
I guess in my line of work, I have to expect that everyone come and go. 











Gladys and I refused to take pictures together that day, cos we don't wish to part, just yet. And she left a really sweet note in my notebook while I was busy working on my stuff. :')

I'm really going to miss all of them! 

SATURDAY
Gladys official last day in Singapore was 20 August, so her parents came to find her from 16 to 20 August. Decided to bring them to East Coast Park for a seafood feast.

Eight dishes for four of us. We were soooooooo full by the end of the meal! Haha
Plus, we had a really good deal thanks to Wayne, who owns a family zhi char business at ECP.

Everyone who's reading this, I strongly recommend you guys to try 38 Seafood when you're at ECP. I'm not recommending just because Wayne's a friend, but its simply because the food there is fresh and reaaaaally good. Plus, their chilli reaally packs a punch!


Well, this pretty much sums up my birthday week. Sunday was spent with my family and we had our family photo-shoot that day as well, which you can read it here.

All in all, turning 23 is honestly just another year. I'm one year older, and I've gained and learned so much. I've gone through quite a number of downs this year, making loads of mistakes, but it is all part of the learning curve. I'm really thankful for my parents and friends who were there for me at my lowest, and cheer for me when I've gained a traction of success, even if it is just a tiny bit. Eight months just flew by like that, when I thought 2013 flew by too quickly, 2014 was way faster. Haha.

To end off my post, what really made August so much more special and memorable, which reiterate back the fact that August is my favourite month, is that - I finally got confirmed as an Associate in the company.

Finally. (:



xx
f.





0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

ABOUT ME

“You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.”
― Mae West


FIONA TAN
Singapore

Wanderluster. Thrill seeker.
Vintage Hunter. Dreamer
Hello there! My name is Fiona.
Welcome to Summermuseee, a blog that is really about nothing and everything; random snippets of my life, my DIY crafts and baking adventures and my journey to loving myself and appreciate the little finer things in life.


INSTAGRAM



Follow me on Instagram @Summermuse

AD