Post-Valentines

I'm not usually one to celebrate Valentine's Day, partially cos well, I've been single all my life and I don't have valentine dates queuing to ask me out, and also cos I think that Valentine's is a weeee bit overrated. 

Bloody hell, a single rose bouquet with a little flower here and there cost $25 when easily on any other days, you could get the similar thing for less than 10 bucks. I've always been a sucker for flowers, I love getting fresh flowers from the market, so knowing that they really jack the prices for flowers SKY HIGH for valentines, the auntie in me just cannot understand. That being said, when I'm being given flowers (as seen below) during this festive season, of course I'll accept it la hahaha. But I still stand by my belief that flowers can be given on any days, and shouldn't be limited to just Valentine's Day. 

I celebrated Valentine's this year with my girlfriends; Chewy and Sandy, and boy was it a great night out! We had dinner at 49 Seats (they have the friendliest and cutest staffs) and they sell pretty cheap beers too. 5 bottles of Somersby Apple Cider were only going for $35. I'll definitely come back for the cheap beer and their tom yum pasta! What's even better is that they are open till super late - like around 4am?! Definitely my next supper destination if I'm craving for pastas!

The following day I met up with Aun for a picnic at Botanic Garden. Aun did ask me out on Valentine's (I ACTUALLY GOT A DATE THIS YEAR!), but having already promised Chews that I'll celebrate V'day with her, I don't see the need to reschedule as we can always celebrate another day. 
Bros over Hoes, so to speak. (:










It was agreed that I'll be preparing the food while he get the beers and chips. One thing that we both have in common is our love for beer and honestly, this is something that I've learnt to appreciate over the months. I used to be a hard liquor girl but as I grew older, and having hang out too much with the events people, my love for beer has progressively increased. And so is my beer belly but hell, #YOLO right? Haha. 

Made Grilled portobello mushroom with smoked cheese focaccia sandwich, fried wantons and Mac & Cheese. Okay, I cheated with the Mac & Cheese cos I didn't make it from scratch but it still tasted good nonetheless with my own personal touch of throwing some itallian herbs, basil, chilli flakes and black pepper into it. After making these grilled portobello mushroom sandwiches, I cannot help but wonder why didn't I thought of making them earlier. It is a great vegetarian option, it's filling and it is relatively easy to make!

The entire day was just so well spent, and I really enjoyed the company (: We spent the day people watching, munching on goodies, drinking beer and Aun brought his guitar and did a mini performance for me, while we were star-gazing.


How not to be smitten, really. 



xx
fee


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

ABOUT ME

“You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.”
― Mae West


FIONA TAN
Singapore

Wanderluster. Thrill seeker.
Vintage Hunter. Dreamer
Hello there! My name is Fiona.
Welcome to Summermuseee, a blog that is really about nothing and everything; random snippets of my life, my DIY crafts and baking adventures and my journey to loving myself and appreciate the little finer things in life.


INSTAGRAM



Follow me on Instagram @Summermuse

AD