Over the weekends

Last weekend (which was just two days ago actually), I spent my Saturday and Sunday hunting for nice photography spots and revisiting ones I've been before, but with a different person this time.

As an Eastie, it sucks that the nicer photography spots are always soooooooooooooo far away. I had the keys to the family car as both my parents were working over the weekends and not wanting to waste this opportunity, I asked Rong out to hunt for nice places to shoot (we actually have this car fund set up to contribute whenever we travel far using the car). Decided to go lower pierce reservoir as its along Upper Thomson road and we wanted to try Salted Caramel Ice cream. Lower pierce reservoir is actually pretty huge, I think it'll be a nice place to hold a picnic IF you live around that area. Hahaha. Don't bother unless you have a car as its too much of a hassle! We weren't the only ones who thought of that place to shoot, there were plenty of couples and families having their wedding/couple/family photos taken. 








I thought I had back muscles and I was telling a friend excitedly that I never knew I had them but my friend just shoot me by replying "Those are fats. 20% muscles, 80% fats". HAHA OKAY CAN. I don't intend to gain muscle anyway, I just want to be toner.It's probably just my psychological thinking but ever since I've been actively going to Celebrity Fitness, I feel that I've become fitter and mentally, I've become much more confident of myself. I guess those months of slothing and doing nothing really did a toll on me. Hopefully I'll still be as motivated after my one month pass is over!!







These blurred out effects are not photoshopped. Rong used her Nikon 50mm lens on my Canon DSLR to come up with such an effect as the lens don't exactly fit into my camera. Only she is creative enough to come up with something like that luh, I can never master that. I'm still an amateur at photography, but at least now I know how to adjust my ISO and focus HAHAHA.


We went off to Seletar Airbase after our ice cream at Salted Caramel (which we thought was okay only). Our initial plan was to find sunset grill that area as they have these huge metal buildings which will be great for shooting. We didn't manage to find the place after several rounds of driving unfortunately. We wanted to find a spot to catch the sunset, but we didn't managed to as well. But we did saw the aftereffect of sunset which was beautiful. We ended the night with Creamier (yes! Ice cream again! That was our dinner) which was sooooo good. Creamier never fail to satisfy. Their waffles are TO DIE FOR!

Photographs are all taken and edited by Rong.
Outfit
Top: TopShop (You can't see from the pictures, but it is an embellishment beaded top. I got this at the recent sale at $39 with an additional 15% off. YAY TO SALES! Embellishment tops are ALWAYS on sales teehee) 
Shorts: Bangkok
Floral Headband: Bangkok

On Sunday, sent my mum to work after which I attended a yoga class which killed me; the lady was just going on and on bam bam bam moves after moves it was pretty hard to catch up, but so satisfying after. I was sweating heaps!. After lunch, Chewy and I went drove to Punggol End, where the horse ranch is at, and had a photoshoot (Pssst. If you're coming from TPE, its just all the way straight down the road to the end). 
We were both in floral headbands and everyone just kept staring. Ah well, for nice photos hah

I've been to Punggol End once to catch the sunrise with rong and we had a morning mad hatter shoot that day. The last time I was there, the ranch was still not opened to the public so there weren't any horses in the stable. Now the whole stable is filled with dem horses! 
























Yes yes, I'm a repeat outfit offender. I wore the same top twice this weekend! But hey, at least I changed my shorts :)



Have a good week ahead peeps!
xx



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

ABOUT ME

“You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.”
― Mae West


FIONA TAN
Singapore

Wanderluster. Thrill seeker.
Vintage Hunter. Dreamer
Hello there! My name is Fiona.
Welcome to Summermuseee, a blog that is really about nothing and everything; random snippets of my life, my DIY crafts and baking adventures and my journey to loving myself and appreciate the little finer things in life.


INSTAGRAM



Follow me on Instagram @Summermuse

AD