Twenty-something


"22 is basically the only age you can use as leverage. 
Meaning that because it's the exact age between life-as-you-know-it and what will later be known as 'real life' (that's scientifically proven, of course), people expect you to make some mistakes. 
Mistakes like overcooking a pot-roast or dating someone who may not be right for you. 
And that's okay, because, heck, you're just 22."

22 August 2012

The day that my dearest pal officially graduated from RMIT University. 
The journey to graduation wasn't a smooth one; many sweat and tears were shed (okay I'm just exaggerating) and I've seen how Rong had struggled with school and all. So I am immensely proud of her to have completed her course of study while staying sane. I am equally proud of her that she's already out in the society working. How fast is that! One moment she's still studying, the next, she's already working. Plus, she's working at a company that I think is relatable to her course of study and ma gurl is already out and about, having clients and events to attend. How interesting! 
The working class woman already. 





A couple of days before that, we went to Grub for brunch. Like, finally! We've been saying we should go there before it gets popular (Rong told me about this place when it was still relatively new) and we only managed to find time to go now. Luckily for us, we went pretty early that day so the wait wasn't long. We ordered the Grub Cheeseburger and the Beef & Guinness Pie. We unknowingly order beef for both dishes and we kinda regretted ordering the burger. We have tasted better ones, so this was a lil meh. The Beef & Guinness Pie was good; the fillet pastry is flakey and the mash potato goes really really well with the beef. We had churros for desserts and they are the better ones that I've tasted so far, not that I've tried many to begin with. I think what really made the churros stand out for me is that it was served hot and the accompanying chocolate dip was sweet. Overall the dessert was sweet enough to pack a punch.

Grub is definitely a place that I'll want to come back again, the food's decent and there's still many dishes to try out!












September's been quite a month for me. I'm actually facing a mid-month crisis because I didn't work much in August and my allowance is running super low. Maybe I shouldn't head out too much. Shall try to stay at home as much as possible for the next few weeks. Except next week of course cos its F1~~ Am pretty excited cos I'll be working at the Formula One event for the first time after 5 years and I'm paid really well. Not to mention Rihanna, The Killers and Big Bang are part of the lineup. So stoke!

Can't wait for next weekend! Meanwhile, I shall go bury myself with my assignments. MEH




   

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

ABOUT ME

“You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.”
― Mae West


FIONA TAN
Singapore

Wanderluster. Thrill seeker.
Vintage Hunter. Dreamer
Hello there! My name is Fiona.
Welcome to Summermuseee, a blog that is really about nothing and everything; random snippets of my life, my DIY crafts and baking adventures and my journey to loving myself and appreciate the little finer things in life.


INSTAGRAM



Follow me on Instagram @Summermuse

AD