Concrete Jungle where dreams are made of.

14 July 2012


Went cafe hopping around Tiong Bahru with Rong. We parked the car at the carpark and then we walked the entire Tiong Bahru area; or at least we attempted to. Tiong Bahru is filled with food food and more food. That area is tiny with millions of alley and the whole place is just filled with random cafes, standalone restaurants and sparse coffeeshops. 

I'm a fan of the Hainanese Curry Rice stall at Seng Poh Road (which is damn bloody good you guys have to try it!) and I never knew that the widely famous Tiong Bahru Bakery is just a few meters down the road.The first cafe that Rong and I stopped at is this quaint little shop call PoTeaTo; which as you can tell by the name is known for their potato dishes and tea.





We planned to hop and munch of different food so we only ordered a serving of their Salmon Potato Cake to share. The first salmon cakes they served up was unfortunately cold in the middle, so we sent them back to the kitchen and they were kind enough to serve up a brand new plate for us. It wasn't particularly nice or bad, but in my opinion I didn't think that it was worth the 15 bucks we paid for. I will always be a hawker food girl at heart. My stomach will be very satisfied with just a plate of $2.50 Char Kway Teow . How easy to please me seriously! 

The next stop we headed to was Forty Hands for some takeaway coffee; Latte for me and Cafe Mocha for Rong. They really do live up to their name of brewing one of the best coffee around. I've never tried any of their brands of coffee so I was really happy with my latte, which gave me that oomph-ed since I hadn't had my daily dose of coffee the day.



Our third and last stop was at Tiong Bahru Bakery. I was honestly blown by their pastries. We had the squid ink break with smoked salmon, the calamansi tart and their pumpkin squash soup. Didn't really fancy their soup but the pastries were good. I particularly like their calamansi tart because of the citrusy zang that lingers in the mouth with every spoonful. Mmmhhmmm


Our theme for that day was Concrete Jungle because we were planning to head to the CBD area after our brunch. It'll be a dead town on Sunday which makes it a perfect place to do some photography shooting. Raided my mum's wardrobe to see if I can find anything nice to wear and I chanced upon this wide v neck shirt tucked right at the corner of her wardrobe. Score! My mum do have some wonderful treasures in her wardrobe. Paired it off with jean shorts at Tiong Bahru and changed to a high waist pants after. 




Very coincidentally a really cool vintage Volkswagen was parked right beside us and we just had to take a couple of pictures with it.











Photographs are all taken by Rong.

x


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

ABOUT ME

“You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.”
― Mae West


FIONA TAN
Singapore

Wanderluster. Thrill seeker.
Vintage Hunter. Dreamer
Hello there! My name is Fiona.
Welcome to Summermuseee, a blog that is really about nothing and everything; random snippets of my life, my DIY crafts and baking adventures and my journey to loving myself and appreciate the little finer things in life.


INSTAGRAM



Follow me on Instagram @Summermuse

AD