A Mother's Love

I experienced the worst kind of an eye infection on Friday and it's only then that I realized how sacrificial moms can be. And it kinda scares me. Because I know for a fact that I'm nowhere that self-sacrificing. Maybe it comes with age, maybe I'll change when I have my own kids, but man, that definitely wasn't something that came across my mind..

Friday morning, when I was putting on my contacts, I felt a sharp burning pain. Thinking that perhaps it was because I was cutting up some chili last night, I brushed the pain away and changed to another fresh pair of contacts. The pain came back again after I've put on my make up, and my god, it was excruciating! It literally left me tearing non-stop. All I could do was whine and scream about the pain to my mom, and she was left by herself to think of how she can comfort and soothe my pain, and what's the next step should be. It was either I visit the GP or I head straight to the A&E. I was hesitant about visiting the A&E (cos hello, $$$$). 

We went to the A&E in the end, cos I couldn't open my eyes for more than five seconds without tearing up badly and my eyes were throbbing with pain. I carried a pack of tissue with me the entire time, dabbing my tears, clearing my snot. If people don't know any better, they were probably thinking why this xiao char bo is crying in broad daylight. 

My mom was with me throughout, she took emergency leave to bring me to the hospital, and held on to me the entire time - leading me to wherever I needed to go cos I couldn't open my eyes long enough to navigate myself. While we were waiting to see the doc, she told me that she'd experienced eye infections a number of times, though never to my extent, but she understood the pain I was going through. Most of the time, she had to visit the GP herself, and man, that was when the waterworks happen. Maybe it was that time of the month soon, next thing I was wailing to my mom about how she should never not tell us about such thing anymore. The thought of her going through that pain alone, without any family members at her side, and the fact that after seeing the doc, she still carried on her normal stuff like doing house chores, and cooking for us, killed me. :(

All I can think of is how much of a supermom my momma is. And if I will ever get there. 

I guess the moral of why I wanted to share this is to tell you guys to be thankful of the little things your mom do for you. Think about it for a moment, and you'll realize that there are many things that you've taken your mother for granted. My mom and I, we bicker a lot, but we never get angry with each other for more than a day, hell, even 5 hours, if I daresay. I am thankful, and very glad that my mother is my mom - though she can be annoying at times. Truth is, I cannot imagine the day my mom don't call me every single day at work just to ask about my day (my dad does that too btw, they both are the cutest), when she don't nag at my drinking habits and when she don't whine about me finding a boyfriend soon so she can get grand-babies.. I really can't and don't want to too. 

I guess all I really want to say is - Momma, I lurva you <3





0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

ABOUT ME

“You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.”
― Mae West


FIONA TAN
Singapore

Wanderluster. Thrill seeker.
Vintage Hunter. Dreamer
Hello there! My name is Fiona.
Welcome to Summermuseee, a blog that is really about nothing and everything; random snippets of my life, my DIY crafts and baking adventures and my journey to loving myself and appreciate the little finer things in life.


INSTAGRAM



Follow me on Instagram @Summermuse

AD