What are you thankful for this year?

Didn't realize it was Thanksgiving yesterday until I heard about it on the radio and The Muttons was having this segment "What are you thankful for this Thanksgiving" and it got me thinking what exactly am I thankful for this year.

Well, for one, I'm thankful that I'M OFFICIALLY A GRADUATE FROM UNIVERSITY. I woke up yesterday to my classmate's message stating that the results are out and those few minutes going onto the school website was just plain torturous. There's this one module I was so afraid of failing cos that paper I only answered like 30% of the paper and I was not confident that I could even get 13/100 to pass the whole module, and turns out I got a 60 for that module?!?! A CREDIT?! How the hell that happened, I have no idea too HAHA. I was in cloud nine after that. I actually even had a Plan B okay, in case I really did fail. But I'm just so glad I passed everything la. So now, it's really all about finding a full time job!

After knowing my results I immediately created a whatsapp groupchat "I'M DONE WITH SCHOOL" and shared with my parents the good news and my dad sent a teasing text saying how happy he is to be "officially detached from my daily needs". Hahaha. Cheh what nonsense. I'm thankful for my parents; not just this year of course but for eternity, for their unwavering support and love. Coming up with the uni school fees was by no mean an easy feat (considering all my applications for student loan was rejected) and my parents had been nothing but supportive of the choices I made; be it the route I took eventually or the course of study I picked.

I'm also thankful for my girlfriends, especially the love I received from my girls after a rather painful lesson this year. It is always when you're at your lowest you realize the people for keep are the ones that will stick with you through thick and thin and they are the one that will always show you concern and love when you need it the most. As cliche as that sounds, its really true.

In all honestly, I am thankful for every individual that I came across this year for they all made an impact to my life, one way or another. I am thankful for R cos what we once had was definitely fun and fun times will never be forgotten. I do not regret what happened, it's just sad that things turned out the way it is now. I am thankful for Kit, Keith, Ban and the rest of the events crew for they had brought so much joy in my life especially in recent months. Up till now I still wonder why I didn't befriend them earlier for they are the most entertaining people I've ever met. I am thankful for all the opportunities, all the countries I am able to explore this year, all the events and jobs I got to work this year, for all these experiences shaped me into what I am now.

I am thankful for this waitress job I had at the first half of the year which really made me learn to love myself more. I love and hate that job. The irony is not lost on me trust me. I do enjoy serving, the job is easy and the pay is good, but its some of the people there that didn't make me feel welcomed at all. Perhaps from their point of view, I wasn't as outgoing as them. I could feel them bringing me down all the time when I work there, and I don't even work there often. It was after this job I realize the importance of work culture and people. Basically that job really made me feel like shit and inferior and it was at the moment when my girlfriends tell me that "I'm staying for the money" is not a valid excuse to be this miserable, that I woke up and just quit. It's only then I learned the importance of self-love and I've been working on my surprising low self-esteem ever since.

I am also thankful for Ollie, my dearest laptop (HAHA), to have gone through thick and thin with me since poly years. Poor Ollie is dying soon but he have been holding on until I graduated before showing all symptoms of dying. To my dearest Ollie, please hang on till the end of the year.
PLEASEEEE


xx
fee

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

ABOUT ME

“You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.”
― Mae West


FIONA TAN
Singapore

Wanderluster. Thrill seeker.
Vintage Hunter. Dreamer
Hello there! My name is Fiona.
Welcome to Summermuseee, a blog that is really about nothing and everything; random snippets of my life, my DIY crafts and baking adventures and my journey to loving myself and appreciate the little finer things in life.


INSTAGRAM



Follow me on Instagram @Summermuse

AD