二十二 2.0























I know this is waaaay overdue!

This is part duo of my birthday celebration. Went to Kombi Rocks with Chewy and I know it looks as though we booked the entire restaurant for a photo-shoot but its not. We went on a weekday and we were the last customer there before they close for a break.

For people who are heading to Kombi Rocks, do note that they are closed between 3.30 - 6pm on Mon to Thurs!

We didn't know that and we went there at 2.30pm. They had  to rush us to finish our meal as they had a couple who booked the restaurant for their wedding photo-shoot. Luckily for us, the couple was very very late and the very kind people of Kombi opened the back area (which is supposed to be only opened at night) for us to finish our drinks and we took this opportunity to just S P A M photos. We took so many photos, it's not even funny. These I uploaded are just some of them.

Kombi Rocks is an interesting diner. You would think that with such cool and vintage ambiance, they serve western food but nopeee they serve a fusion of Chinese and Thai food and their portion's pretty big for the price we paid. On weekdays they have certain promotions; we went on a Tuesday and their root-beer floats were going at 1 - for - 1. In all, we paid $50 odd for a serving of fish maw soup, stir-fry basil pork, Thai spring rolls, Okinawa red spinach, 2 rice and 2 root-beer floats - which is pretty reasonable in my opinion!

We went to Wimbly Lu after that and I finally get to try their waffles. It is one of the best waffles I've tasted to date (that's cos I've not tried Creamier's or Stranger's Reunion's waffles yet). The waffles at Wimbly's is soft  inside and crispy outside and we paired it off with a scoop of rum & raisin and my god, it's just damn goooooood.







I had 2 lectures on the actual day of my birthday. Took the camera out to play and that was actually the first time EVER that my university group girls took group pictures together. Definitely a rare moment! 

Met up with Rochelle for a short while at Clarke Quay after class and Alicia tagged along as well as a surprise. They treated me to a customized Magnum at the Magnum pop up store so I was a very, very happy girl. That was the highlight of my day actually cos my dinner that day wasn't a very fantastic one. 




















 I couldn't thank my family and friends enough for making my 22nd such a wonderful one. It was a small casual affair that spread over almost a week. I'm really blessed to have friends who love me for who I am and have gone through thick and thin with me. I'm not always as glamorous as what people think and they have seen me at my best as well as my worst. I nag excessively, I'm indecisive, I whine a wee bit too much, when I tell stories it usually doesn't make sense, when I bitch boy do I really bitch and I have my insecure moments as well. You know that your friends love you when they see things in you that you couldn't see for yourself and know your quirks that you didn't realize you have. I'm truly the lucky one. While I may be lacking in the male/partner department, I have a lifetime worth of friends that I treasure and they fill up whatever empty spots in my life just right. 

At least for now 

But then again I always envision myself being single and getting my own condo at 35 years old (cos that's the legal age for single people to be able to buy their own apartment)(my own personal walk-in wardrobe yow!!), so I might just really end up being an old single lady with 100000 cats.

And my lifetime worth of friends 
Of course hah

Okay, I'm digressing

I still have many backdated pictures that I've not blogged about, but that's another story for another day. So till the next time~ 



toodooles
xx

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

ABOUT ME

“You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.”
― Mae West


FIONA TAN
Singapore

Wanderluster. Thrill seeker.
Vintage Hunter. Dreamer
Hello there! My name is Fiona.
Welcome to Summermuseee, a blog that is really about nothing and everything; random snippets of my life, my DIY crafts and baking adventures and my journey to loving myself and appreciate the little finer things in life.


INSTAGRAM



Follow me on Instagram @Summermuse

AD