Life as a PR girl


I noticed that I don't really talk much about work here. Occurred to me recently that I've worked as a PR girl for eight months already. Man, time really flies! I actually reeled back in shock and went "Really?! Has it really been eight months?!"

Close friends would know that work at the beginning was not a walk in the park. I've shed countless of tears as work was really overwhelming and I just could not cope with the fast pace and sheer amount of work. My confidence level was like shit and it was just... so bad. Luckily, my boss and colleagues saw something in me and gave me the opportunity to continue working rather than yknow, fire me straight up. They have been very nurturing and were willing to work out a system for me to cope better.

I've learned and grown so much as a person over the past eight months. I've learned to identify my strengths and seek for help with things I'm not good at, I know how to holler for help when I need it, I've learned to priortise and manage my time better (still a work in progress, but its getting there...), I'm proud to say that things are definitely improving and I'm glad to have grown out of that horrible phase.

I mean, of course I still do cock up once in awhile Don't get me wrong, I still learning. Hell, everyday I get to learn something new. I'm just glad that now they've given me more responsibilities, and I get to work on proposal decks and handle new accounts too.

Now its just all about finding that work/life balance.
Still trying, still trying. 

I'm part of something exciting in the year end and I'm really looking forward to it.
It'll be my first time working on the NYE too!
One clue in: I was supposed to be working on a mountain, but I've moved to another island haha (;

While on most days work is tough, tiring and just crazy, we do have some perks too.
I get to go for the Illumi Nation party and Halloween Horror Night. Plus, a couple of weeks back, I had the opportunity to attend Weekender's 2nd Anniversary party too.

Some visuals of what's been going on in my life recently...



 My colleagues Yuki, Sam and I at the Weekender party!




  Debs had tickets to the Illumi Nation Party and asked if anyone from the office wanted them. Hell yes! Alicia's Taiwan friend, Fanny, was visiting Singapore and Alicia initially planned to bring her to Zouk. Since there were free tix, we decided to head for the party instead! Boy, what an awesome night! We were in the heart of the party, we were at the optimal spot for the colour splashing, and the music was good! It was a mess after that haha but fun nevertheless! Make me feel like going Zoukout even more this year. Man, hopefully there'll be free tickets to that *fingers crossed*





 My colleague baked Pavalovas for the October babies! It was pretty awesome, considering it's his first time making it. The cream was sooooooo goood!










 Had tickets to Halloween Horror Night, so it was paktor night with my babygirl last Friday. Heh (:
I've never been to any of such horror themed parks as, well, horror is not exactly right up my alley. I'm a total wimp when it comes to horror eek. Turns out, if you laugh it off, its actually NOT that bad. I guess we got complacent cos we didn't visit all the haunted house and scare zones. It was a lil crowded (but I'm pretty sure Saturdays would be worse), we were there at 8.30pm, and by 1am, we were really tired and decided to call it a day. We took the Mummy and Transformers ride, visited the 3D Dementia Carnival-ish haunted house (this one is really cool man), the Boogeyman and Demoncracy scare zone and caught the Jack's Nightmare Circus show. Its honestly not much covered in five hours, we spent most of the time queuing! It can get pretty humid while queuing, so my advise is to dress light and bring a fan if possible.

If you were to ask me how I find the theme park, here's my take. The tickets were free, so to me, it was great. Will I pay to go for this? No, I wouldn't. But was it fun?

Hell yeah!










0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

ABOUT ME

“You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.”
― Mae West


FIONA TAN
Singapore

Wanderluster. Thrill seeker.
Vintage Hunter. Dreamer
Hello there! My name is Fiona.
Welcome to Summermuseee, a blog that is really about nothing and everything; random snippets of my life, my DIY crafts and baking adventures and my journey to loving myself and appreciate the little finer things in life.


INSTAGRAM



Follow me on Instagram @Summermuse

AD