I travel not to go anywhere, but to go.




wan·der·lust  

/ˈwändərˌləst/
Noun
A strong desire to travel

The feeling of wanderlust don't have to be satisfied from travelling overseas. You can explore your own country and you might be surprised by what you can find.  


Last Thursday Qirong and I decided to venture away from the East side (we both are East Siders) and explore around Singapore and we ended up at Riders Cafe for lunch. It's funny how when we are studying at SIM, we will not visit all the cafes at the west and only visit them during our school holidays. With google map, everything is not tough to find and we managed to get to Riders without any mishap.



It is highly recommended to make reservations especially if you want to get seats at the alfresco area overlooking the ranch and the greenery. The alfresco area is tiny so even on a Thursday at about 1pm, there's no available tables for us.



We ordered a Cappuccino Mushroom Soup and Roast Beef Sandwich to share; both dishes were from the Blackboard special so they are not on the official menu. Food's not too bad; I personally enjoyed the soup as I love my food thick and creamy - like those damn jelat kind. Nothing much to rave about as all Western food taste just about the same for me. I need to rave about their mustard sauce thou. I know its a little weird, but yes you see right, mustard sauce! The beef sandwich came with steakcut fries; which are ginormous by the way, and being the annoying me, I requested for Mustard sauce on top of the regular chilli and ketchup sauce. Rong and I happily dipped our fries into the mustard sauce and took a huge bite of it, not realizing that their mustard sauce is like the Wasabi type and we ended up choking. But it tasted reaaaaally good and we couldn't stop dipping into the mustard sauce for our entire meal after. So you know, if you like the taste of wasabi (which i LURVEEEE, wait till you see me eat Sashimi), give their mustard sauce a try, its free anyway!







Walked around the area after and we did our usual thang - me being in front of the camera and Rong behind. I wanted to take some nice pictures of me wearing this dress that I got from Chatuchak Market when I was in Bangkok a month ago as it is one of my favorite and most expensive buy from the trip.











Dress, Tar Mafia

The lady owner of Tar Mafia is funky and super cool. Basically what she do is she reconstruct clothes and accessories with her own flair; which is full of spunk and attitude. The entire shop was filled with studs, studs and more studs; as you can see from my dress. The "Free Spiri" (funny how people just assume that its "Free Spirit" but actually if you take a second look, the T is missing) first caught my eyes, and then i spot the studs and embroidery flower that dons the upper part of the dress. The owner actually sew all the studs and flowers herself, no hot glue used at all, and I got the dress for only SGD 28. A little haggling was done. It is considered expensive for BKK standard, but with all the love and effort put in, I feel that its worth the money. The only thing I lament is probably the length of the dress, which is a littleeeee to long for my liking. 
Might be altering it into a short dress instead!

I secretly think I'm Mad Hatter. 


Bag, Zara Inspired

Nothing makes me happier than seeing the color yellow. Firstly it reminds me of the Youtube Channel WAH!Banana. Secondly it's a color that represents me. Thirdly, its the hottest color in town now. Fourthly, I got the bag at a steal. *smirks*

Fyn first brought in the black color version, then a smaller version of the bag. I was telling her how I will buy it immediately if she bring in the big version in yellow and SHE DID. She only brought 5 pieces back, and I'm one of the lucky five! Until she bring in the next batch at least. Heh

Next, we went on a hunt for this legendary swing that we've been always saying but never got around to actually hunting it. And luckily for us, we managed to find it! Have to thank the couple that was getting their wedding photos taken cos we would have missed it if we didn't see their car parked at the side of the road. 








Now that we know where the swing is, I can predict many more adventures coming up. Perhaps with a theme the next time. It's been awhile since we had a themed photoshoot anyway! 





I'm always a little envious of Rong cos she always be doing her thang effortlessly and all her photos will look awesome while me will try to get all posey and in the end... not that awesome. 

Moral of the story: Just be yourself


After our "site recce", we decided to have our dinner around the area and after some googling we found ourselves at Telok Blangah Crescent Hawker Centre. Apparently there's a stall that sells awesome Char Kway Teow there. We were sold by the cheap fruit juices thou. There was a big menu with 49 different fruit juice combination to choose from and it took us a good ten minutes to decide what we wanted.

We were very belly happy after our cheap hawker meal and we both agree that our dinner was way more satisfying than our lunch. Its safe to say that we will probably be hunting for more awesome hawker food soon. I need to have more hawker food buddies HAHA I'm a hawker food girl through and through!



Photos in this post are mainly taken and edited by Rong.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

ABOUT ME

“You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.”
― Mae West


FIONA TAN
Singapore

Wanderluster. Thrill seeker.
Vintage Hunter. Dreamer
Hello there! My name is Fiona.
Welcome to Summermuseee, a blog that is really about nothing and everything; random snippets of my life, my DIY crafts and baking adventures and my journey to loving myself and appreciate the little finer things in life.


INSTAGRAM



Follow me on Instagram @Summermuse

AD