我的少女時代 - Our Times

Recently, there had been a lot of commotions about this new Taiwan movie that is insanely popular in Singapore - 我的少女時代. I didn't really think much about the movie when I watched the trailer, but after catching the movie for the first time, man, this is definitely one of the best Chinese Taiwan movie I've seen ever. It's so good, I caught it again in a week!


What really made this movie so special is that it is so nostalgic for many of us, the primary and secondary school days. The fact that the show was set in the 90s; where there was no Facebook, no laptop and mobile phones were rare infact non-existent, the love portrayed in the show - while albeit fairytale like and too good to be true - felt somehow... familiar. It is afterall, about your first love. 



While I may not have a first love, there were crushes with the 'popular guy' in school, or making friends with the 'bad boy'. Of course in real life the bad boys are really bad boys la, NOT that I'm saying they have a bad heart, but they don't exactly have a good heart nor do they change for the better la.. that's why I'm trying to say haha.  


I think the director, producer and the crew really took great effort in getting the 90s setting right and the essence of how people communicated back then, even the dates then are sooo nostalgic! Heading to the 'skating rink', skipping school in the uniform and hanging out at the nearest cafe to mug. 


Of course it also helped that they had such a good looking cast for this movie la. The movie is really about Darren Wang man. I was watching episodes of them appearing in variety shows and learnt that they actually took acting classes with a veteran before filming, and that Darren initially was playing Ouyang and made quite a number of hints that he feel that the character Taiyu would be better for him. Well let's just say that, it would have changed the whole game plan if he acted the good boy role. The role was made for him luh!



But really, for those that have not caught the show, I'd definitely recommend you guys to do so. You won't regret it. I loved it so much, if there's a DVD with all the uncut scenes and mini clips, I'M BUYING IT!

I'm gonna end this post with some of my favourite quotes (not translating it cos I suck at it haha):

不要跌倒的秘訣就是─不要怕跌倒, 最糟也只是跌倒而已, 重要的是你為什么來到這里。
长大之后才知道,砸水球比赛第一个所砸的人, 不是因为你讨厌他,而是因为你眼里只有他
沒有人可以定義我們,只有我們自己知道自己是誰,也只有我們能決定自己的樣子



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

ABOUT ME

“You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.”
― Mae West


FIONA TAN
Singapore

Wanderluster. Thrill seeker.
Vintage Hunter. Dreamer
Hello there! My name is Fiona.
Welcome to Summermuseee, a blog that is really about nothing and everything; random snippets of my life, my DIY crafts and baking adventures and my journey to loving myself and appreciate the little finer things in life.


INSTAGRAM



Follow me on Instagram @Summermuse

AD