'THE OLD DOVE'

Long weekends are always a good idea. 

Although I've had a wee bit more time the past few weeks, I know that the pace will start picking up again. I've been a little uninspired recently (and it's been affecting me at work), so this long weekend came at a right time. I had the opportunity to spend some time with my mommy singing karaoke, I got to spend a full Saturday with the sistars and I even had some time to catch up on my shows and movies.

Rocky wanted to try out this Claypot Prawn Hokkien Noodles at Toa Payoh Lor 4, so that was the first pit stop. I don't have a photo of it on hand but you can refer to this review here to have an idea what I'm talking about. The noodles are not that bad. It's just that we sat at a wrong spot - directly under the fan, so the food chilled significantly faster and the noodles got a little dry towards the end...

Our second stop was at Creamier - my favourite ice cream shop. I swear they need to start issuing out membership hahaha. Mommy and I patronise Creamier at least two to three times a month. The weather was a little unforgiving that day, so yep. Ice cream = Best.Decision.Ever.

OK, apart from the Hokkien noodles, next on our wishlist was to hunt for Singapore's very own 'Cherry Blossoms'. As we all know, its the spring season right now and cherry blossoms are in full blooms all over the world (i.e. China, Taiwan, Japan). While I was doing media monitoring the other day, I chanced upon this article by Honey Kids Asia about Cherry Blossoms in Singapore and I wanted to find them. Alicia and I were pretty determined to find the Cherry Blossoms while Rocky thought we were insane haha. After our ice cream pit stop, we didn't really know where to go, so I suggested visiting Dakota Crescent, which has been on my To-go list for the longest time. I'm talking about years back, before Tian Kee & Co became a cafe.

Dakota Crescent is actually just a traffic light away from Old Airport Road Hawker Center (if you're taking the train or you're around the area) and that place is truly a classic. Felt so back in the 90s, when I was younger, where the playground was still the sandy type, with mosiac tiles and tire swings.The entire vibe of that place is so old skool.

The neighbourhood was relatively quiet, it felt like it was only just us in the area at one point, so its only natural that we spent hours there taking photos. Heh.

In case you're wondering. It was stated that you'd be able to see 'Cherry Blossoms' at Toa Payoh estate, but we couldn't seem to find them. If you know where it is, please do let me know!

There were a couple of bougainvillea trees at Dakota, and me and Ali being me and Ali, we picked up those pink petals that has fallen on the ground and threw them as if they were confetti to make up for our 'Cherry Blossoms'. Yep, the things we do. Hahaha. Even Rochelle, albeit unwillingly, got sucked in to throwing the flowers for the perfect shot.

Ali joked that we need to start documenting a series of "Throwing Stuff" as we have a habit of doing just that. First it was picking up confetti and blowing them like a Victoria Secret model back in 2012, next we'd picked up maple leaves from the backdrop of a wedding we both were working at and used them as our props at the photobooth (LOL yup judge ahead) and now this.

After our day spent at Dakota, we went over to Sheng Siong to grab groceries and spent the night at my place having our very own "Hai Di Lao" steamboat. We tried homemade (with the help of soup stock of course) tomato and mala soup base, which was surprisingly tasty. Now that we've mastered the art of tomato soup, don't think we'll be going to Hai Di Lao anytime soon. Hehe

Anyways, here are the visuals taken at Dakota.  











 









































ciaos
(call us maybe?)

xx
fee

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

ABOUT ME

“You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.”
― Mae West


FIONA TAN
Singapore

Wanderluster. Thrill seeker.
Vintage Hunter. Dreamer
Hello there! My name is Fiona.
Welcome to Summermuseee, a blog that is really about nothing and everything; random snippets of my life, my DIY crafts and baking adventures and my journey to loving myself and appreciate the little finer things in life.


INSTAGRAM



Follow me on Instagram @Summermuse

AD