WERK WERK WERK WERK


Hola folks!

Four months. What a hiatus it'd been eh. There is really a difference from having too much time when I was unemployed to no time for this space at all when I'm working.Truthfully, work is actually not the factor that stops me from writing. Rather, I've been procrastinating, ALOT, having posts after posts saved as draft but I never got around to completing it. 

See, that's my flaw (and I've been trying to work on it). In all honesty, I am a jack of all trade, and a master of none. I have interest in everything from baking, cooking, painting, water colour painting and calligraphy, Photoshop, videography, arts and crafts, etc etc, but I don't have a specialty. That essentially is a good, and bad thing. 

Read a book recently, titled The Knockoff, and its a story about a Editor-in-Chief in a fashion magazine trying to find her placing in the modern world where social media is everything and words like traffic and conversion are the common lingo. The story is based in the U.S. and all the youngsters in the book are portrayed to be always hungry, quick-witted, intelligent and hardworking. Almost everybody is finding opportunities to start their own business, and start ups are everything. It really got me thinking, what am I doing with my life? Why do I not have such drive? If I can do up a business now, what can I do? This is something that's been on my mind for some time now, and hell, I'm still trying to figure it out. Being a quarter a century old is not old, but it's not young either. Hopefully I'll get my shit together by the end of this year!

Anyway, work! That's what I wanted to share about! Close friends/most people on my Facebook or Instagram would now know that I've found a new job. As an in-house marketing exec. Hah. Four months into it, and I'm still loving it (thankfully). I'm working on the more traditional side of marketing - working on product packaging and store promotional materials. Oh, and also premiums! Haha. That's the fun bit of my job, really. Sourcing for interesting premiums for my company, and coming up with cooler stuff to upz our brand image amongst our TA. Q4 is always more fun and hectic, because there's Christmas, there's New Year, and CNY is coming up, so there are many things to work on. 

What I'm also lucky to be involved in, is being part of building up the brand image for our own brand LAC. The key focus for this year is on our beauty series, specifically the collagen drink. We were one of the sponsors for an all-women event - the Galboss Symposium, and we organised our own Thank You dinner, at a really beautiful location. Everything from conceptualizing the things we want to do at the event and dinner, the decors and setting, door gifts, etc, were all done by the team, and I'm just really thankful to be part of it. Of course, not everything turned out as plan sometimes, but it is also about quick thinking and finding a solution to the problem. 

I don't post as often on social media these days, and when I do, it's always a #Throwback or delayed postings, so I wanted to share more of what I'd not posted here - a glimpse of what my work life looks like:

A little fun fact: the marketing department is like a mini Temasek Poly (TP) reunion with Val, Cheryl and myself in the team. We're the youngest in the office lol. Val is on the digital side, whereas Cheryl and myself are working on the traditional side. Haha. Cheryl and I came in around the same time, and I'm really thankful for that. She's my lunch adventure buddy, my gym buddy, my lover (I think some of the colleagues thought we were together or something), photo buddy, all lumped in one. 











Event One
The Galboss Asia Symposium essentially is a one-day event where powerful women from various industries gather together for an engaging TED-style talk. There were several headliners, and different power panels, that lasted from 9am to about 5pm.

At the event, to introduce our collagen drink to the participants/guests, we decided to make Taut-infused mocktails. Each glass of mocktail is accompanied with a syringe filled with collagen drink.  Essentially, a 'Bo-Taut'. My colleague, Elzee and I were in charge of the drinks, and my god, the prepping was insane! 


 We had to test out if the vending machine was working fine, we bought trolleys of juices, lychees, etc at Mustafa, we had to slice limes, pineapples, and syring over 300 syringes. It was madness. But what a thrill! The entire process was grueling, but super fun.

There were three drinks served at the event - Coco Loco (a pina colada inspired drink), Summer Glow (a cranberry and pomegranate drink) and Youthini (lychee martini). 


We custom made the picks, Designed customised drink sleeves, drink card menus. 



 The space we had to work with was beautiful as well, and the people were all so nice and helpful. I think it's mainly because we're an all-girls team, so they were generally very nice and accommodating haha.


 We were lucky to have a bartender to prepare the Youthini, for us! That took off one load off our shoulders.








One of the headliners was Aimee Song, and she's such a stunner!


And we managed to get one!! Though I have absolutely no idea why we all gather beside her instead of around her. Haha.







Event Two
























The place itself was already beautiful. We played on the rustic theme by donning the tables with foliage, fairy lights and bing! The entire place literally lit up like a Christmas wonder. I wasn't really involved in the preparation for the Thank You Dinner this time round, only helping out on event day. The team really did a cracking job, everything from the handwritten notes, the D-I-Y foliage dining table, the printed menus, to inviting a 'raw and undiscovered' live band to perform. The dinner was magical, and everyone stayed till the end of the event (which really, really says a lot).

It's been an exciting journey so far, and I'm really excited to see what else is there in store for me.
The adventure continues... 


and hopefully I will blog as often as before.
In the meantime, have a great weekend y'all! (:




0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

ABOUT ME

“You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.”
― Mae West


FIONA TAN
Singapore

Wanderluster. Thrill seeker.
Vintage Hunter. Dreamer
Hello there! My name is Fiona.
Welcome to Summermuseee, a blog that is really about nothing and everything; random snippets of my life, my DIY crafts and baking adventures and my journey to loving myself and appreciate the little finer things in life.


INSTAGRAM



Follow me on Instagram @Summermuse

AD