潮州2015

I finally got around to posting the photos I took during my last trip to Chao Zhou, China on this blog. Work has been keeping me busy, but then again, work has ALWAYS been keeping me busy.. So it's not really an excuse!

I really do admire bloggers/influencers out there who can do so many things in one day. I wonder where they find the energy to keep going man haha. It's as if they don't ever sleep! Usually by the time I'm done with work, I'll be so exhausted all I wanna do is bath and crash.

Work is slowly picking up on the pace again. I've got two accounts that I technically fully handle on my own (with supervision from my immediate boss) and major projects for the two accounts are rolling out soon. I'M SO EXCITED! The new Sentosa cable car line is now in the soft launch phase and I'm stoked for it to be launched officially. Just last Thursday we got first dibs on the new line and the view from the Merlion station enroute to Siloso Point was just amazing. A.M.A.Z.I.N.G. One side of the cabin is a panel of glass with no obstruction or whatsoever, so you can have a full view of the beach and scenery. I'd reckon if you take the cable ride during sunset, the view will be breathtaking. We've been working on this since last year, so many sweat and tears had been thrown into the mix, and finally things are coming to a fruition!

Anyways back to my China trip in March. Yes, March. I know this is three months late, but hey, better late than never yes? Hahaha

I went on a six-days trip to my ancestor's hometown and I had such a kick saying this to EVERYONE who asked cos it's quite funny no? and cute too. The plan was to have the entire Tan family present but of course, some can't join us due to work commitments. My father is the youngest among two other siblings, so all the brothers and their significant other, plus my little cousin Delia went for this trip. The main reason for visiting is because there was this hugeass celebration at our village and actually, many Singaporeans who were from the same village flew over at the same time as well.

We left the majority of the planning to my second aunt and family as they've been to our hometown a couple of times now, and have the contact details of our relatives there. They made all the arrangements, from flight, accommodation to even transportation!

We didn't do much on the first day as it was already late when we touched down. We checked into our hotel and went for dinner. Man, the entire trip was really just eating, and eating, and more eating. Because it was our first time visiting our ancestor's hometown, everyone wanted to treat us to a meal! Every meal was a feast - and I'm talking about up to 10 to 15 dishes per meal kinda feast. It was pretty insane.

We were ferried around to and fro the entire trip, and most of the days we were at the village. For my dad and my uncles, they were there to catch up with all the relatives while for us ladies, we tried to keep ourselves busy with whatever's available at the village. For the first two days it was still alright as the big festival was happening then. For the remaining days it does get a little dull. To be very honest. we didn't get to sightsee or anything, we just kept eating and visiting people haha. But I guess the main takeaway for this trip was really to visit my ah gong and ah ma's hometown, visit the room where they used to live at, visit all our long-distant relatives and really just immerse ourselves in the teochew city.

 Visuals of the trip:

Day Two



























Day Three










































Day Four






























Day Five







Day Six



































Lastly, signing off with a very chio picture of me taken by my little cousin. 
HAHA.



xx
f


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

ABOUT ME

“You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.”
― Mae West


FIONA TAN
Singapore

Wanderluster. Thrill seeker.
Vintage Hunter. Dreamer
Hello there! My name is Fiona.
Welcome to Summermuseee, a blog that is really about nothing and everything; random snippets of my life, my DIY crafts and baking adventures and my journey to loving myself and appreciate the little finer things in life.


INSTAGRAM



Follow me on Instagram @Summermuse

AD