P A K T O R - A L I V E M U S E U M S I N G A P O R E



In lieu with the National Day public holiday, my office was closed last Friday and boy, it certainly felt good to have a weekday off! It's been awhile!

When I received an invitation by Omy.sg to visit the Alive Museum Singapore, I immediately jumped at the chance as I've been wanting to visit that place after visiting the Trick Eye museum (which I've yet to post about haha, but that's for another day {: ).

I could bring a plus one, and I immediately thought of my Bbg, who just got back (FINALLY) from her exchange in Korea, whom I've not paktor for the longessssssssst time. 


This aptly describes how I feel whenever I see Rochelle. <3

We started our day with having our favourite Ban Mian at City Plaza for lunch, and then a quick shopping trip at my favourite shop. As usual, a trip to Fyn will always end up with me spending more than I should, and I added two more heels to my collection. (: 

Truth is, a number of my shoes gave way this year. Hence, it absolutely, perfectly alright for me to get those additional shoes. Really

As we can only head to the museum from 6pm onwards, we decided to laze around the roof-top carpark at the mall and take some photos. Oh, we went to town for llao llao too, which... to be very honest, we both don't get the hype? We queued a whopping 45 minutes for this yogurt and yes, while its tasty, we don't really see the point of queuing 45 minutes for it. I'd rather get Yoguru! 









Sooo, Alive Museum

Not to be mistaken for the one at Sentosa, Alive Museum is located conveniently in the central area -Suntec City, and it is the biggest 3D illusionary museum in Singapore, that offers a different kind of experience that "tricks" one's visual, physical and environmental perceptions, bringing some impossibly unreal fantasy to reality. 

Hailing from Korea, they have 15 branches of the museum globally, and what makes the Alive Museum in Singapore special is that they "localised" some of the artwork. Visitors can get up close and see nine locally themed paintings in addition to the other interactive pieces on exhibit. So expect to see the Merlion, the Esplanade, and many more! 

The whole museum is pretty spacious, which allows for more room for us to take photos. However, some of the artwork is hard for us to capture in the way we desire as the lighting are preeeetty dim..  

Here are some of the photos we took! 
































There were a couple of artworks that we were uncertain of how we should pose, and luckily there were Pose Point and Photo Point indicators to guide us through. 

Honestly, Rochelle and I were not very very impressed with some of the exhibits in the museum. We skipped those that we think that are not so realistic. While we have our reserves for some of the artwork, we have to commend the museum for adding "special effects" like having air-blow (is that how you coin it? haha) machines "blowing your hair", etc, to enhance the photos. 

We spent the longest time in the trippy disco room, where the entire enclosed area is filled with mirror and laser lights. Here's a snippet of our mini tour in the disco room haha





Alive Museum Singapore is located at:
Suntec City Mall #03-372
Between Tower 3 and 4 (It's located just above Cold Storage, previously it was Carrefour)
Operating Hours: 10am - 10pm Daily, with last admission at 9pm
Ticket Prices: $25 (Adults) and $20 (Children between 3 to 12 years old)

Get 20% on ticket prices if you book them online! 



There's a promotion going on right now till the end of September. Simply "Like" Alive Museum on Facebook, and get a free meal  at Burger King Suntec with purchase of a full-priced ticket.
Burger King is conveniently located JUST right beside the museum! 

More information about the promotion and the museum can be found here.
Thanks Alive Museum Singapore and Omy.sg for extending the invitation to us! (:


xx





0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

ABOUT ME

“You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.”
― Mae West


FIONA TAN
Singapore

Wanderluster. Thrill seeker.
Vintage Hunter. Dreamer
Hello there! My name is Fiona.
Welcome to Summermuseee, a blog that is really about nothing and everything; random snippets of my life, my DIY crafts and baking adventures and my journey to loving myself and appreciate the little finer things in life.


INSTAGRAM



Follow me on Instagram @Summermuse

AD