Jamie's Italian

This is waaaaaay overdue. Last month (!!!), Chewy and I went to Jamie's Italian to celebrate her 22nd birthday. I offered to make the reservation as I saw reviews online saying its best to do so, and so I made one via their website. Turns out, hahaha, I didn't check the dates properly and I made a reservation for 2 pax on 18 November 2013. 
18 freaking November

It was September when we went there. HAHAHA. It was so absurd I just stood there speechless when I rechecked my email confirmation. Luckily for us, it wasn't crowded and that place is hugeeeee man, so if you're heading there on a weekday lunch, you don't actually have to make a reservation. Hah






Tagliatelle Bolognese

 Wild Truffle Risotto

I remember having a good laugh when I saw it cos it reminded me so much of porridge. But the taste of the wild truffle risotto was good. The truffle smell is very strong and that is definitely one hell of a good porridge.  

Posh Chips



Overall, I felt that the portion of the food is wee bit too small (but that's because we ordered the small portion for the pasta and risotto) and it is well, a little expensive for me. The food is good, don't get me wrong, but with that money I could have gotten something more value for money. I guess I'm just not financially capable enough to enjoy that level of good food yet! 

Our outfit for that day:



I have gained so much weight, I look positively like a balloon in everything I wear :/ 
I've been too complacent and because of my project submissions I've not been exercising. But that is gonna change! I want to get back in shape again, I've been so tired recently. I bought a one month gym pass to Celebrity Fitness which I'll be using once my exams are over and hopefully with that I'll be able to motivate myself to lose weight and also to keep myself healthy. 

I was talking to my friend recently about how I cannot see myself getting married in the future and that I'll be single even when I'm 35 years old cos well, I cannot see how anyone can love/like a person like me, and I got scolded for the lack of self-love. My self esteem is surprisingly low even though I'm someone that loves posting pictures of myself etc. It got me thinking about exactly how much do I love myself and the confidence level I have. I want to change that. Before I can even learn to love someone, more importantly I need to learn to love myself. 

New resolutions are made. 
Hopefully I can follow through and I do look forward to a better me next year. :) And I do hope that I'll learn to love someday too. Now, I'm gonna go for a run (even if its going to be like 2 km only, but hey, gotta start from somewhere) and then continue with my goddamn final project submission. ONE. LAST. PROJECT. 


xx


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

ABOUT ME

“You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.”
― Mae West


FIONA TAN
Singapore

Wanderluster. Thrill seeker.
Vintage Hunter. Dreamer
Hello there! My name is Fiona.
Welcome to Summermuseee, a blog that is really about nothing and everything; random snippets of my life, my DIY crafts and baking adventures and my journey to loving myself and appreciate the little finer things in life.


INSTAGRAM



Follow me on Instagram @Summermuse

AD