二十二 1.0



I have this theory.


I have this theory that birthdays should be celebrated according to the number of years you are.
I believe in birthday week too. 
In fact, I believe in Birthday Month too but okay, usually it just involves me using my birthday as an excuse.
I'll be like, "Its August, I can indulge". 

My close friends will know that I loooooooove August and birthdays. 
I'm quite the birthday cake cutter. I love to volunteer to cut the cake, even if I'm not close to the birthday girl/boy (that's just how I am hahaha).
I love coming up with pranks and surprises too but usually they are mild.
There was this year where I made Shermaine give free hugs to strangers; then there was another I made chewy get 18 random people to sign on her birthday card, then then there's the most memorable one where I smashed Meng Seng with whip cream on his 18th birthday, which turns out to be memorable for me too cos that same year, I got smashed with whip cream by him.


Ah. Good times. 


Anyways, this was how I celebrated my 22nd birthday - an almost week long celebration
starting with....

12 August 2013 (Monday) 

The intention was to celebrate Suqi's birthday; which falls on the 13th, just one day before mine. It was a full attendance, finally a day where all eight of us could make it for dinner! Definitely a rare moment, so it got me thinking if it would be a double celebration instead. And indeed, it was a double celebration! There was a moment where Alicia and Rochelle say they want to head to the toilet and they came back with two cakes. They were telling us they had a number of group chats going on, one that doesn't have Suqi inside, one without me inside, and another without both of us inside. On top of that, there's the one with all of us inside. Hahaha I can imagine how confusing that must have been! So sweet and very thoughtful of them ;)



So happen we both were sitting with our back facing the restaurant, so we didn't see the cakes coming at all!



Then it's gift time..
and below you can see a series of my (as always) classic expressions towards my gift.
My rockerchicks actually got me a ukulele!
A freaking ukulele!!


That was me in the midst of shouting "YOU GUYS GOT ME A UKULELE?!"



Suqi was surprised with her Kate Spade pouch too, so yay, we both were happy with our gifts!















 Our signature "Call me" pose. I have no idea when this trend started, I believe I was the one that created it, but I can't recall how hahaha. We've been doing this pose since Year 2 and it just stuck with us through the years.





So so so very thankful for this bunch of girls. Had I not gone down the polytechnic route, I wouldn't have met them and that would've been SUCH a pity. They had injected so much fun and laughter in my life such that there's never a dull moment with them.
I'm so happy with my ukulele. Its something that I've never thought of wanting, but don't mind having - If you get what I mean. Although I don't know how to play the ukulele, I'm keen to learn and I can't wait to start learning some songs like I'm Yours, What's Up and Hey Soul Sister.
Wheeeeee do stay tune! I might post it up if I'm really good at it ;)


Till the next birthday post, 
Fee
x

   


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

ABOUT ME

“You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.”
― Mae West


FIONA TAN
Singapore

Wanderluster. Thrill seeker.
Vintage Hunter. Dreamer
Hello there! My name is Fiona.
Welcome to Summermuseee, a blog that is really about nothing and everything; random snippets of my life, my DIY crafts and baking adventures and my journey to loving myself and appreciate the little finer things in life.


INSTAGRAM



Follow me on Instagram @Summermuse

AD